Thursday, 30 July 2026

it was just a really nice day

 

the nice day started with packing this order of zines :)

the library had re-opened the day before (after closing for refurb in April). it felt very good to sit on the floor in the library again.


and we went to the David Shenton exhibit which we both loved. I just wrote a bunch about it for my perzine and don't feel like repeating myself too much but I've been a fan of his work for years, it just has so many elements that I love and I really recommend seeing the exhibit.

knitted version of the sideboard!


 

this shirt is covered in chain stitching and was just added to over 12 years and I'm obsessed with it.


getting to see original illustrations in real life is one of my favourite things.
getting to see any art in real life is always interesting. go to a gallery. make things with your hands.





on the way out of the museum I showed Will a horse painting I stand in front of a lot at work and then we went and got iced buns for lunch and boba to walk home with 

I got myself this bird bath I've had my eye on for a couple of years and then we ate lots and watched wrestling and I was healed by this lovely day.

1 comment:

  1. a great day can really change the chemistry of your brain for months ! i'm glad you had one ! also that bird bath is the prettiest thing i've ever seen ! !! i wish i was bird, i would dive right into it

    ReplyDelete